Arnvind Search & Selection is looking for a Chief Software Architect for a big international IT-service vendor in Denmark.
Our Client delivers a broad array of services in Business Consulting, System Integration and Outsourcing.
As Chief Architect for a very big Strategic Program (SP), you will report to the Project Delivery Director for all work requests. However for all client related tasks or responsibilities, you will to report to the Sales Director, who should be involved in all key business related decisions.
In recognition of the importance of sound systems design SP is placing significant focus on strengthening the solution architecture community across the program. This initiative will be led by a small group of architects who will also be expected to identify and communicate best practice in technical and solution architecture for all business units. In addition each architect will take an active part in reviewing technical proposals and will be expected to give guidance and lead by example on the technical and solution architecture within selected projects.
The role can be considered to have both an inward facing aspect and an outward facing aspect:
Inward facing role
This focuses on strengthening the architectural design competence within the SP program and will have the following steps:
- identification of those who could potentially be included within the centre of excellence for technical and solution architecture design
- creation of the virtual team with established lines of communication to exchange information and encourage peer-to-peer learning
- ensure this virtual team is fully plugged into the resource management community across the program.
- Initiate and lead activities that are needed to have control over overall delivery of the SP program. i.e. reviews for specific projects.
- Work tight together with Requirement, Test and development Lead within the Project Delivery Office
Outward facing role
This has both a managerial and a practical component.
The managerial component focuses on assessing and managing the architectural risk at the appropriate pre-bid and post-bid project milestones respectively. The outcome of this is usually in the form of action plans and guidance to the management. The action plans are regularly reviewed to confirm appropriate progress.
The practical component arises when the lead architect joins a bid or a project team to actively lead the solution development. This will entail a degree of hands-on work and the mentoring of less experienced designers in the project.
Your primary responsibility is to be responsible and accountable for all facets of technical quality of delivery as a service in accordance with SP processes
Your specific responsibilities include the following:
- Counterpart to customer Lead architect.
- Drive the architectural landscape between customer and SP
- Should have an understanding of the over all application architecture and environment information.
- Make timely and decisive technical judgements to ensure of quality of delivery.
- Act a focal point for SP architects.
- Act as a focal point for key design decisions and for resolving technical conflicts. Should be overall responsible for overall
design and architecture for all projects within SP.
- Provide advice and direction to the architect & development teams on the detailed design and development in the context of the
overall delivery of projects and program.
- Ensure that the projects have traceability from the requirements to the unit test cases.
- Must ensure that there is no ambiguity in requirements and be the signing authority for technical design document.
- Plan and conduct technical design reviews and walkthroughs.
- Formulate and review the system development methodology and standards. Ensure proper coding and UI guidelines are set for
the development team and are reviewed on time.
- Monitor the architectural landscape to identify potential problems early so that timely corrective action can be taken. Should
be working tight together with customer lead architect.
- Work with the QA team to ensure that appropriate technical controls and standards are in place in the program.
- Assess the technical impact of change requests.
- Should be able to define and formulate data migration/ archiving requirements and propose an approach to implement.
- Provide consultancy to build infrastructure to facilitate development on agreed technology.
- To be responsible for the overall development, unit testing and delivery within Design and Coding Standards
Overall a very exciting carrer opportunity in a succesfull international company.
If this could be interesting for you, please send your confidential CV to email@example.com
Please put ”LA” in the email subject field